Handling Copyrights, Trademarks, Business Law, Litigation and More
The Alderman Law Office in Washington, D.C., focuses exclusively on intellectual property, content and media law, providing services to clients in the United States and abroad.
Attorney Elliott C. Alderman has almost 30 years of experience representing individuals and businesses dealing with all types of intellectual property, content and media law issues. He is frequently consulted by other law firms and colleagues concerning his expert knowledge on how to handle complex intellectual property, content and media legal matters. Contact us to schedule an initial consultation with an experienced Washington, D.C., business and intellectual property lawyer.
Our Areas of Practice
At The Alderman Law Office, we provide the following legal services:
- Intellectual property: copyrights and trademarks - We represent authors, songwriters, musicians, and visual and performance artists, in addition to software, multimedia, electronic commerce and Internet companies in transactional, counseling and policy assistance. We have broad litigation experience and can call upon a network of experienced attorneys. Finally, we are well versed with rights clearance matters and have performed numerous intellectual property audits for both creators and users.
- Computer, technology, electronic commerce and outsourcing law - We represent individuals and entities in the following:
- Software development and licensing
- Copyright and trademark prosecution and counseling
- Acquisition and asset purchase agreements
- Hosting and service agreements
- Electronic commerce contracts
We provide full-service support to entrepreneurs and established companies, with particular expertise in the contract, corporate, intellectual property, litigation and tax issues that result from computer and technology law.
- Entertainment, publishing and art law - We negotiate, draft, and review royalty and personal services agreements, and also help market both performers and products. Additionally, we have significant transactional experience in the music, publishing, and television, video and motion picture industries, as well as the growing Internet and new media markets.
- Social media law - Social media websites are steadfastly gaining an increasing role in our lives. We assist with cases involving the digital use of content as well as privacy, defamation, libel and related issues.
- Litigation - We provide representation for administrative, commercial, contract and discrimination cases, as well as intellectual property, unfair competition and related business torts. Through an extensive network of other lawyers, we are able to provide cost-effective resolutions to most disputes. We are also adept at securing favorable settlements in most cases prior to trial.
- Administrative law - Our firm has significant experience representing clients before government agencies and tribunals in a wide variety of cases. With extensive public sector legal experience, we are skilled at navigating clients through administrative mazes, whether a case involves legislation or litigation. In our administrative practice, we have assisted clients with a myriad of issues, ranging from agency employment discrimination proceedings to intellectual property legislative work. We represent both entrepreneurs and institutions.
- Corporate and business law - We represent small and large businesses from their formation to their dissolution, including assistance with associated tax, securities and employment issues. Our firm has been instrumental in the creation of a number of business entities, and has negotiated and drafted leases, as well as stockholder, financing and security interest agreements. Additionally, we help with commercial transactions and crafting documents for employment, nondisclosure, consulting and independent contractor relationships. Through counseling and litigation the firm also has helped resolve trade secret, unfair competition and related disputes.
Contact Us for an Experienced Maryland Technology and Internet Software Company Attorney
To schedule a consultation, contact us online or call our law office at 202-973-0188.
|Attorneys, Washington, DC|